What is external wall insulation?
External Wall Insulation is the perfect solution if you are looking to improve your home’s energy performance and minimise heat leakage. It is available in a wide variety of colours, which can make your home look completely refreshed while reducing your energy bills.
An uninsulated home loses 30% of its heat through the exterior walls.
Benefits of External Wall Insulation
- Improves comfort within your home
- Savings on your heating costs
- Gives your home a new look
- New Exterior in choice of colours & finishes
- Improves airtightness of your home
- Can eliminate draughts
- Improves Thermal Performance
- Dramatically Reduces Heat loss through Exterior walls
- Prevents moisture penetration
- Can eliminate mould growth
- Reduces Carbon Footprint
- Improves your homes BER
- Eliminates Thermal Bridging
- Optimises thermal mass of your home
- Applied with minimal disruption
- Grant Assisted through SEAI
How is external wall insulation installed?
If you would like a more detailed look at how this is done please click here.
External Wall Insulation projects vary in size and complexity with some requiring scaffolding etc. However, there is an SEAI Grant of up to €6,000 available to assist with the cost of the installation. As every home is different a site visit is required to provide a quotation.
Full list of available grants here.